Visit the Archives
Board of Trustees
Friends of LAGANZ
Objects of the Lesbian and Gay Archives of New Zealand Trust
LAGANZ's Board of Trustees, the curators
appointed by the trustees and members of Friends
of LAGANZ agree to support these objects set out in section 3.1 of the Trust's Constitution, updated 11 February 2009.
"LGBTTFIQ" means any person who identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, takatāpui, fa'afafine, intersex or queer and is intended to include any same-sex attracted, transgender or intersex members of any indigenous community of the Pacific.
The objects of the Trust shall be such charitable purposes according to the law of New Zealand as the Board shall think fit and in particular, and by way of illustration, but not by way of limitation of such general charitable purposes the following (but only to the extent that such particular objects are charitable as aforesaid):-
- the provision of an archival repository for the personal papers of LGBTTFIQ people and the archives of LGBTTFIQ organisations and for related documents of historical and cultural value;
- the provision of an advisory service to assist LGBTTFIQ organisations to preserve and organise their archives;
- the active collection, preservation and making available for creative use of the historical and cultural records of LGBTTFI;
- the advancement of learning and scholarly research through the facilitation of access to historical, cultural and sociological documents on the subjects of human sexual orientation, sexual behaviour and sexual identity;
- the promotion of a supportive social environment for LGBTTFIQ and their families and the promotion of the health of LGBTTFI;
- the facilitation of public education to promote wider understanding of sexual orientation and sexual identity, and, in particular, to combat prejudices against people stigmatised on account of their sexual orientation or sexual identity;
- to raise money, acquire real and personal property and to do such other lawful things as are conducive or necessary to the attainment of any of the objects heretofore stated.
Last updated: 16/10/07
Lesbian and Gay Archives of New Zealand (LAGANZ) | Te Pūranga Takatāpui o Aotearoa
PO Box 11-695, Manners Street, Wellington
Alexander Turnbull Library, 58-78 Molesworth Street
Tel: +64 4 474 3000
Fax: +64 4 474 3063